It’s such a honor to receive this web love recognition from intriguing blogger, Bipolar Scorpio. Visit her blog sometime in your future too. Such a fascinating “day in the life” read. You’ll find that she is a rich, insightful source, particularly if you are like me, curious to learn about truths and read firsthand accounts concerning bipolar disorder.
In the spirit of the Liebster Award, I accept it and nominate 5 outstanding, deserving bloggers:
Confessions of a Poet– Talented poet of limerick, haiku and more.
Subdued Flamboyance– Newbie with sensual way of words.
C.D. Jameson– Lit/ Travel adventures in one. Get hooked by his perspective, from chapter to chapter.
KeithGarrett– Unpretentious, addicting- to-read poetry. Enjoy!
The Fires Inside– Hawk has the fire with words. Vibrant spiritual writing!
****My nominees ( I have questions for you down below in this post) and anyone interested should read about the Liebster Award Rules from blogger, WordingWell.
For more insight about me and per guidelines of the Liebster Award, I answer 11 questions given to me
1. What led to your decision to start blogging?
The passion of poetry, for sharing life experience and the desire to increase my internet/social media knowledge and skills.
2. At this stage of your life, what is a major lesson that you have learned and how has it affected your life?
Accepting change and not complaining about it so much. I have had to change careers, viewpoints, etc. In some instances, I thought the change was not just but I learned to accept because of not having control of fate anyway.
3. What do you like to do for fun?
Ride on the swings at the amusement park, go on a bike ride, playing trivia games and go on boat rides, for some examples of fun.
4. What are you struggling with lately?
Maintaining rapport with a special man. Ugh!
5. What are you feeling good about these days?
In this time, I’m feeling very good about putting together my poetry book to b self-published.
6. Do you tend to remember each day that you only get one life and when you do remember, how does it change your state of mind?
In thinking constantly I am afforded one life to live, I become more motivated to push myself to do better , even when in a seemingly desperate situation.
7. Do you have children? If so, would you do it over again? If not, do you plan to (why/why not)?
I’d like to have a kid or two. Biological clock is a-ticking! It would be wonderful to put to practice my nurturing skills and mold a child’s personality and capability.
8. Would you prefer to live in a year round mild climate with excessive rain in the winter months, or in a climate with a cold, sunny winter that experiences the four season as clearly defined climates (intensity of each season is pronounced.)
It’s almost equal but I prefer the latter. Experiencing the four seasons is excellent to explore and for wearing all kinds of fashion.
9. Do you believe that having non-human friends in your home (dog/cat/etc) can have a healing effect emotionally? Why or why not?
Yes. Merely caressing or massaging a dog or cat , a human can get positive emotional therapy. Amazing what touch can do for someone
10. Where have you visited that has had the most profound impact on you, positive, negative or for some other neutral reason.
Perhaps México. From the few times of being there, a humbled feeling comes over me. While there is rich beauty in the people and land there in the country, the harshness of its poverty is hard not to miss and hits me. I’m grateful that I don’t have to face the struggles (lack of money, living in squalor/heavy crime areas, etc) that I’ve seen others have to endure there in and around the Tijuana area.
11. What event or choice in your life have you once considered a mistake and for which you have experienced regret that you now accept as a lesson, and have freed yourself from regret and negative feelings about yourself because of it?
Keeping a friend and continuing to do favors for him, though feeling cheated and not properly respected, was not beneficial for me and also not for him. No more playing Miss Nice Girl. I had to cut him off and yes, I did free myself of regret.
11 Facts about Me
1. I am a Leo.
2. I love watching about any sport but especially American football, basketball and the Olympics.
3. I’m crazy for pencils, unique ones and No2s alike.
4. Gummies are my favorite candy ( and vitamin).
5. I’m somewhat allergic to pet dander but love rubbing and caressing dogs and cats.
6. I love (medium) spicy foods, especially of Mexican and Thai cuisines.
7. i have learned Spanish, Italian and French in school. Not fluent in either but I have retained a lot from them.
8. I’m from California and adopted much of the laidback attitude here but I’m not so much in negative terms.
9. I adore all Italian, British, most American southerner and even New Englander accents as of late, strangely enough.
10. I used to have a Siberian Husky, a gorgeous and active black and white with light blue eyes.
11. I fancy myself to be a INFJ- Briggs Myers personality type and likely would be proven to be so if properly examined.
Now, here are my 11 Questions for my Nominees
1. Where were you born?
2. Do you prefer the company of a few or many people for occasions?
3. Which is your favorite color and why?
4. Do you believe in the occult?
5. Have you been to a foreign country? Which one stood out to you or what drew you to visit?
6. Do you have cable TV, can’t stand TV at all or have you ditched cable for streaming programming?
7. Do you jot down ideas for a story or poem in a kind of brainstorm on paper?
8. Have you ever fired a gun? How would you describe the power of the shooting act?
9. Who is the best popular musical performer in this modern era or another era or preference?
10. What do you like to eat for breakfast?
11. Any recent life-changing event that has made a significant influence on your writing?
***Nominees can opt to carry on the spirit of the Liebster in answering my questions and nominating other bloggers of the award. Visit the Liebster guidelines here.